Now Available: 13367 Drake Mallard Place
Welcome home to the beautiful new 55+ Section in Chesdin Landing! Situated on the 17th fairway of Lake Chesdin Golf Course, 13367 Drake Mallard Place features 4 BR including 2 on the First Floor, Gorgeous Kitchen with White Cabinetry, Granite and SS Appliances, Open & Spacious FR with Gas FP, Cabinetry and Shiplap and more.
Now Available: 13401 Drake Mallard Court
Situated on the 17th fairway of Lake Chesdin Golf Course, this home features 4 BR including 2 on the First Floor, Gorgeous Kitchen with White Cabinetry, Granite and SS Appliances, Open & Spacious FR with Gas FP, Cabinetry and Shiplap, Office Features Beautiful Crown Moulding and Wainscoting, Tile Flooring in all Bathrooms, 2-Car Garage + Golf Cart Space, Exterior Features include Hardie Plank Siding, Landscape Lighting, Upgraded Landscaping Package, Yard Irrigation and more. This is Yard Maintenance-free Resort Style Living at its Finest!!
Meet the Builder
Clay Street Builders believes in constant communication during the entire building process. This helps builds trust between both sides and allows for an honest and less stressful working environment. We know the building process can be a challenging one, but we oversee every stage of construction to ensure you get exactly what you expect.
55+ Community in Chesterfield, VA
You’ll feel right at home when you move to The Masters, a new section of Chesdin Landing exclusively for active adults. Our sought-after 55+ community features brand-new single-family homes with panoramic views of our championship golf course. Enjoy resort-style living on picturesque Lake Chesdin along with convenient access to Richmond, Virginia, and the state’s incredible beaches.
Luxurious Custom Homes
The Masters includes expansive lots with at least an acre of land, ready for your 2,300 to 2,900-square-foot custom home. Choose a golf course lot for the impeccable views or an interior lot for natural beauty and enhanced privacy. You can choose from our list of approved builders, with architecture and landscape features that include:
- At Least Three Bedrooms
- Stone or Brick Foundation
- Exterior Material Brick, Stone, Stucco, Hardie Plank, Vinyl or combo
- Not to Include Drain Field
- Courtyard or Side Load Garage
- Brick-columned Porches
- Front, Sides, and Rear Irrigation – Not to Include Drain Field
- Asphalt or Aggregate Driveway
- Front Lighting
- Outdoor Living Space
Retirement Life at The Masters
From your new home in The Masters, you’ll have access to 3,000-acre Lake Chesdin. Local anglers know that this spot is rich with largemouth bass, crappie, and channel catfish. You don’t need to own a boat to get out on the water since our three marinas offer kayak, speed boat, and canoe rentals.
Homeowners enjoy member access to the championship golf course at Chesdin Landing. Our 18-hole course is consistently ranked among the best in central Virginia. We also have a clubhouse with a full dining room, cocktail lounge, lighted tennis courts, and a fitness center with an Olympic-size swimming pool.
You’ll have plenty of time to golf, fish, and enjoy the outdoors thanks to our maintenance-free living lawn care program. With this service, our staff provides regular:
- Grass cutting
- Weed control
- Shrub trimming
- Weed control
- Mulching and weeding flower beds
- Leaf removal
- Snow Removal
Architectural & Landscaping Guidelines
- 1 Acre Homesites
- Must use approved builder
- Bedrooms at least 2 down, 1 up and/or bonus room
- Foundations brick or stone
- Exterior material brick, stone, hardieplank, stucco or combo
- Water Tables, shadow brick and keys over garage & windows
- Shingles 300 LBS 30 year dimensional
- Roof Pitch 9/12 Minimum 12” overhangs
- Garages Side load or courtyard
- Porches Must have brick columns
- Irrigation Front sides and rear
- Driveway Aggregate, asphalt or better
- Lighting in front
- Landscaping $4000 (minimum annually)
- Must include outdoor patio/entertaining area
- Golf course villas will be very visible from fairways
What Is a 55+ Community?
While you’re exploring retirement living options, you may wonder what a 55+ community is. While some variation exists from place to place, in its simplest terms, a 55+ community, sometimes called an active adult community, is a housing development designed for people aged 55 and older. With few exceptions, home buyers within these communities must be at least 55 years old. The homes themselves and their amenities are designed for older residents, as are the activities and resources within the area. Services are available to help residents meet maintenance requirements as well. The 1995 Housing for Older Persons Act, or HOPA, lays out the general rules for 55+ communities and provides flexibility to allow communities to establish their own rules.
While everything in 55 and over communities is oriented toward making life more enjoyable for older adults, that doesn’t mean that you can’t have visitors. Children and grandchildren are welcome to visit short-term. If you have family visitors who stay with you for an extended period, we’re happy to discuss your situation with you.
What Are the Advantages of Living in a 55+ Community?
For many people, getting older means turning their attention to how they want to enjoy retirement. Active adult communities can be a fantastic option if you’re looking to live around other people in the same stage of life who enjoy similar activities. Another appealing feature of a senior community is the reduced time and energy spent maintaining a home and landscaping. Here are a few things to know about life in a 55+ community that may be significant for you:
- You have the freedom to live as you choose. If you want to travel, the maintenance team will take care of your home and grounds. However, if you prefer to stay close to home and hosting garden parties brings you joy, every home in Chesdin Landing’s 55+ community has an outdoor entertaining area or patio. You can host your friends as often as you want.
- You are surrounded by people in a similar phase of life to you. Since all the residents buying into a community agree to specific codes and covenants, residents tend to share values and lifestyle preferences. Many people who live in a 55+ community choose it because they prefer the peace of a neighborhood without children or young families. However, that doesn’t mean you’ll be lonely. Neighbors are plentiful when you want someone to talk to or spend time in activities with.
- You have access to amenities that you won’t find in other communities. At Chesdin Landing, your home is convenient to a championship golf course and a beautiful lake. It’s easy to travel into Richmond for shopping or a day at the beach.
Where Can I Learn More?
Choosing where you’ll spend your retirement years is a significant life decision. When you’re younger and raising children, where you lived was probably driven by school districts and child-friendly activities. Now that you’ve moved past that stage, it’s about you, how you want to spend your time, and who you want to live near in these precious years. If what you’ve learned about a 55+ community appeals to you, this may be the right choice for you.